Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spending All Your Money, Honey...

Just a quick note from Hoi An, Vietnam. What? You've never heard of Hoi An before? Yeah, I hadn't either but it's the most glorious place I've ever visited. If only I were a millionaire. Hoi An is FULL of hundreds of tailors and cobblers just begging for you to come in and get something custom made for low prices. It's not ridiculous prices, but it's often cheaper than buying the actual item from a store back home and this item is made to fit you and you get to make all sorts of demands and choices about it. We're getting tons of clothes made and I'm even getting boots (2 pairs!) and shoes. It's really exciting. Matt's having 3 suits made and each cost $50 US. It's incredible. Now as long as the post fees aren't too horrible it should be quite the bargain when we're finished. How will I ever be able to shop in Canada again?? Once everything is adjusted and shipped we're going to head to Nha Trang and enjoy some time lounging on the beach. I've got a new book so I'm raring to go!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

It is very, very hard to shop in Canada again. I also had way too much fun gettting clothes in Hoi An. Have you been to King Kong Bar? They had free rum and coke every night when I was there. Ah, the hazy memories. Enjoy Nha Trang!

Bybee said...

Mitzi talked about the fun she had getting new clothing made.