Friday, May 29, 2009

Time with the Lovely Leah

We made it back to Bangkok in one piece and then spent a day and a half exploring Khao San Road (this is where most backpackers stay but last time we stayed closer to downtown). I got my first ever facial as well. Did you know that they stab your face and squeeze the crap out of your zits during a facial?!? At least they did at this place! The worst part was that I didn't know it was coming so I was totally surprised! It was like, "Oh this is relaxing, oooh, she is rubbing some sort of cream on my face... HOLY SHIT! WHY ARE YOU HURTING ME!?! OKAY I'LL TELL YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT!". It was an experience, that's for sure.

Saturday morning we went to the airport to pick Leah up. This airport is one of the most confusing and frustrating ones that I've been in! For some reason none of the elevators go to the floor where the arrivals are! And once you manage to get there you're not allowed to go through to the area where people get in (we were bad asses and jumped over the barriers though). I suppose this is to try and dissuade cab drivers from hanging out there or something but it's really a pain.

We found her though! Some of the things that we did while we hung out in Bangkok with Leah included: going on a canal ride, touring the Wat Pho (our second time but that's okay), lots of shopping, seeing that stupid new Wolverine X-men movie and hooking up with my littlest sister Stephanie! We took a lot of pictures.

One of the nights with Stephie was spent at the tallest building in Bangkok. It was a bit pricey but the restaurant offered an amazing view and a fab buffet! Afterward Matt and Leah went back to the guesthouse and I went with Stephie and her tour group to see a "ping pong show". It was pretty traumatic. Matt asked me why I chose to go to it and I was like, hey, I figured I should see the ugly, seedy side of Bangkok too.

Matt and Leah also went and saw a Muay Thai match but I opted to stay back since I was feeling a bit under the weather. They said it was fantastic though! After about a week in Bangkok we sent Leah on her way (to Khon Kaen to see her Mom) and we headed south to Koh Phi Phi!

No comments: