Monday, April 26, 2010

Visitors

If things weren't busy enough, we just had some visitors from far, far away. Matt and Leah's mom, Ali, came to visit and she brought her lovely friend Mary along too! It was really great seeing them both. Ali lives extra far away in Thailand and so we only see her once a year or so. Mary is a bit closer (at least she lives in the same country!) but we don't see her that often either.

I had to finish up work for a few days and we were in the midst of packing but we still managed a pretty good visit. Matt and Ali went to Elk Island Park for a hike one day and another day I took Ali and Mary to the Art Gallery of Alberta. They just reopened it after making some big changes and it was pretty cool. My favorite part was the Degas sculptures and the Yousuf Karsh exhibit. You could even take your own "Karsh style" picture and email it to yourself. I hate both of the ones taken of me but I think these ones of Ali and Mary are cute. What do you think?

Mary and Ali were good sports about helping us pack things and move. Mary left a little earlier and while Ali was here I was rear ended. My poor little Kiaster!!! At least $1500 of damage and the other person wrote their vehicle off. I'm sore and it was really frustrating to not be able to lift anything or help with the move. I held a lot of doors open and put lunch together. I'm lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life that are willing to help me out. I hope my car gets fixed soon but I think it's going to be a hassle. Ugh! Not fair- I was doing everything correctly and I have to do all this running around. This is the second time I've had to get her repaired this year (a family friend backed into my door and messed it up on Boxing Day). Anyway, the good outweighs the bad so hopefully it will all be resolved soon.

We had lots of laughs and good food and their visit went by too quickly. Hopefully we can get together again soon and things won't be so chaotic! I wouldn't mind going to Thailand again- it's our turn to visit, right?

No comments: