Friday, September 11, 2009

Catching Up

Before I went to Korea I was struggling at a job that didn't make me happy. In fact, most of the time it made me pretty miserable. One of the few things I loved about that job was getting to work with my friend Diane. It's been too long since I've seen her but we finally managed to meet up. It was so refreshing to hang out with someone who understands my sense of humor and holds so many of the same interests as I do.

She's interested in joining a book club and I have been trying to find one/get one started. I met up with Catherine from my Bookleaves book club (in Korea, yeah she lives here now) and she has a book club with some friends. Also a friend from university messaged me about a book club and so now I think I just need to get off my butt and call people.

Aren't Diane and I cute? It took me a lot of convincing to get her to let me take her picture. People can be so funny. We had a yummy brunch and basically talked until we were just about hungry again.

No comments: