Friday, August 28, 2009

Letting Go

With Leah moved in and the living filled with fabulous new furniture it was time to say good bye to an old friend. I know you're all looking at these pictures and saying "What is the big deal? That is the most hideous chair I've ever seen!". There is history though! Goldie was my first piece of furniture. I still remember how I went to the the thrift store in my 3rd year of university with my friend Cameron (who had a big jeep) and picked her up. It was the first time I had my own room and I had space for a reading chair. She's a pretty awful color (I can admit this) but she is funky and comfortable and perfect for reading in. She stayed with me in my first apartments and Matt wanted me to throw her away before we packed up for Korea but I resisted. It's so sad seeing her by the dumpster outside (and someone has knocked her over!) but I know it's time to move on. She represents someone that I used to be. So good bye Goldie, thanks for the memories.

2 comments:

Kirsty Bryce said...

I am surprisingly saddened by this. I was with you the day you picked her up. She was a good chair. She was always the most comfortable place to sit in our apartment. Hopefully some poor college student recycles her.

Simone said...

Your chair made me think of this article!! :
http://www.hutsulville.com/2007/10/former-child-star-chairry-found.html