Monday, August 31, 2009

Bowling Night!

Friday night we decided to go bowling. Leah was occupied but Steph, Matt and I decided to give it a go. It was a lot of fun and really amusing since it happened to be the bowling alley's 50th birthday. There were a lot of announcements about door prizes (we weren't eligible since we're not league members) and free cake. We had some laughs and kicked Matt's butt. I've always liked bowling. When I was a kid we were involved in league bowling. If I had a regular schedule I would totally look into joining some sort of fun league.

This banner caught my eye at the bowling alley. Apparently five pin bowling is the 4th greatest Canadian invention of all time. I found the list and was a bit surprised that bowling managed to beat out the pacemaker, the electric wheelchair and the zipper. It's fun but does it really change people's lives? Yeah, I don't know about that.

4 comments:

Carter said...

We invented bowling??

ambearo said...

FIVE pin bowling. Haha. We're the only country that does it too.

Stephie said...

haha Matty only got 95!!

Simone said...

I haven't been bowling in ages, however this kind of made me nostalgic for it though! haha.

I can't believe it beat out those other inventions?!!