Thursday, February 19, 2009

My 27th Birthday

My time in Canada went by extremely quickly. It was filled with cold weather, English television, and EXCELLENT food. My family sure knows how to cook and to throw a party. I was pretty happy to spend my birthday at my Dad's house and all of my siblings showed up (even if it was for a short time- *cough* Travis). We spent the entire weekend watching movies, eating fabulous meal after fabulous meal, playing board games, drinking, bullshitting and having a charade show down. Oh, and celebrating me, of course. It was glorious.

On my actual birthday we had the most mouth-watering ribs on the planet. I have to admit, I'm not a big ribs fan. I find them messy and generally a lot more work than they are worth. These ribs were actually made of heaven and now another dish has been spoiled for me (how can I eat mediocre ribs after tasting these?!?). There was also a massive ice cream cake with my face on it and tons of amazing snacks and side dishes. Probably the best part was all the laughter though. I didn't take any pictures of my own so I had to snag these from Stephie. It was a very happy birthday indeed!


I'm lucky to have such a generous and loving family. Every time I wander back into Canada they pick me up at all hours and welcome me without question, letting me stay as long as I need.

No comments: