Monday, February 23, 2009

Snorkel Fun

After cutting the huge chunk out of the bottom of my foot, I was a little apprehensive about going snorkeling the next morning. I'm really glad I did because this was easily the highlight of the trip to Koh Mak. We hired a guide with a boat and it was just the 5 of us on the tour. He took us to 3 separate sights which are supposed to have the best snorkeling in the area. They were located around smaller islands in the area but I can't remember the names of them now. I wish I had an underwater camera to capture all the amazing coral and fish that we saw. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I saw thousands and thousands of fish of all colors. My favorites were the rainbow and neon ones because they are so striking and look radioactive. It was a really great day and my foot didn't bother me at all until I was back on dry land.

We stopped for lunch on a little island that was full of hermit crabs! I love looking at all the sea life. If you make it down to that area you really should go on a snorkel trip!

No comments: