Saturday, November 13, 2010

October was my lucky month...

I probably told everyone about this already but last month I managed to be caller 9 on a local radio context and won some money. It was one of the most exciting things to ever happen to me. For someone who loves winning, I don't often win contests or draws. This contest had nothing to do with skill or knowledge- you just had to know when to stop. I am the queen of restraint....... Well, with money anyway. So I ended up winning just over a grand. I'm saving most of the money (well, using it towards my car, really) but I did have a quick splurge and got a really nice Mat and Nat wallet.

5 comments:

Carter said...

This is the most fantastic photo ever.

Matty said...

Amber loves winning...

Melissa said...

That's so cool! But what exactly is the contest?

ambearo said...

The contest was called the $50,000 Big Bag of Cash. Basically you call in and you open the first bag and there is a sum of money. You can either keep it or go to the next bag. The next bag will have either more money or a buzzer. You keep going until you get buzzed out (win nothing) or decide to stop. It could go up to $50,000(but only did that once during the contest- I`d been listening a lot and already heard that). I stopped at bag 7 and the buzzer was in bag 11 or something.

BTW- Nice new blog! I`ll add you to my blog roll!!

Stephy said...

THE BEST.