Monday, June 15, 2009

My Hometown

This weekend I went to my 10 year high school reunion. How surreal is that? How is it possible that 10 years have gone by this quickly? The reunion was obviously held in my hometown and I haven't been back there for a number of years. Both my parents have moved away and really it's such a small place that there is no reason to go back for a casual visit.

It was strange to drive around and see how some things had changed but most things hadn't. When I tell people that I grew up in a town with less than 800 people they think that I am joking. Especially when I was in Seoul it was hard for people to visualize what a place like that must be like. I spent the first 17.5 years of my life living here. I went to the same school with almost the same class from kindergarten until I graduated grade 12. I couldn't wait to leave and get out and see the world. Even though I have no desire to live here, I do have to admit it's a cute place. Alberta is beautiful and doesn't get enough credit!

I made a little slide show and it includes the ball diamonds where I played softball, the school, "Main Street", the old gun that everyone wrote their name in the cement beside, the house where I grew up and the post office.

4 comments:

Carter said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!! This slide show is sooo sweet and quaint!!! I want to live there!

ambearo said...

Trust me, you don't. Haha!

Matty said...

Nice pictures Amber.

Stephie said...

Aww the village of Mannville...